When you have sensitive skin, looking for a new skin cream or beauty product can be a very daunting task. Not knowing how your skin is going to react to a certain type of ingredient is a risk in itself. It’s happened to everyone, you purchase a new moisturizer, toner or a new foundation and it just doesn’t take kindly to your skin. In some cases it can irritate your skin or maybe even cause a breakout, the list is endless.
When this happens the sensible thing to do is simply wash the new product off with warm water or discontinue use immediately. There are a number of different ingredients within different skin care products that are known to have a harsh effect on the skin.
- Alcohol – Proven to have a harsh drying effect on the skin, sucking out all the moisture that is naturally stored. Dryness is one of the major causes for premature ageing.
- Parabens – A preservative used by many high street beauty products to extent the shelf life of a product. Think of this as a food additive to help extend the sell by date. Some parabens have been proven to damage the skin and can cause some health issues.
Extra care should be taken when choosing a spray tan solution to use on your clients and even yourself. When your skin does not agree with a new beauty product such as a moisturizer it is easy enough to just simply discontinue use and wash the product off, however, it’s not so simple when it comes to a tanning product.
Spray tan solutions penetrate deep into the skin in order to have a lasting effect of up to 7 days. Unlike a moisturizer or foundation, simply washing with warm water will not remove the solution from your skin. In fact, there is not really anything that exists that can 100% remove spray tan solution or fake tan from your skin after it has been applied. Exfoliating your skin can help to speed up the natural process in which spray tanning solution will wear off the skin, usually 5-7 days after application.
There are steps you can take in order prevent having a reaction to a spray tanning solution:
- Choose a solution that is Alcohol free – All Sunjunkie spray tanning solutions are alcohol free and are blended with Moisture Lock Technology ensuring that your skin is perfectly hydrated.
- Make sure the solution is Paraben Free – Sunjunkie do not add any preservatives into their solution, we believe in keeping our solution fresh and as natural as possible.
- Check out before and after photos and online reviews – Nothing speaks the truth like online reviews from people like yourself, listen to how they found the product, the experience and their recommendations! Check out our Sunjunkie before and after photos – Tanspiration
- Check the price of the Spray Tan Solution – Everyone loves a bargain, but if the product is seriously cheap you need to ask why? What key ingredients are being left out, or what cheap ingredients are being added in?
Discover the Sunjunkie spray tanning range available in every shade and formulated for every skin tone
Shop Online at Sunjunkie.com